The UK is made up of four parts: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Although it is all one country, there are many distinct regions with varying accents and cultures. For such a small country, it is full of diversity.
The aim of this section is to give you background information about the UK, and answer questions like:
- What is Scotland like to study in?
- How is the weather in Cornwall during the summer?
- Can I easily travel around the UK?
- Can I get a bank account?
- We have broken this section down into sub-categories to make it easier to read and understand.
- They include:
- Map and Climate
- Locate the UK’s major cities and distinguish between Wales, Scotland, England, and Northern
- Ireland, and get a peek at what your weather expectations should be.
- People and Culture
- Learn a little about British Culture and the people.
- Student Accommodation
- What type of accommodation are you going to encounter when you come to the UK? Dorms,
- a private flat? Which will be best for you?
- Getting Around
- What is the best way to get around the UK? There are many transportation options – some
- cheaper than others.
- Money Matters
- This section will help your budget in the UK.
- Visa and Immigration
Learning more about your visa, who needs one, and what to do to get one.